Manhattan 2006

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Farewell NYC!

Hello Avid Reader! I'm writing from Seattle as I landed yesterday after one of craziest mornings ever. Given that I'm in internet-free temp housing for a week or so, I've been remiss in updates that I've so wanted to get to you.

My last night in Manhattan ended right where it started: at Cilantro with Gary Little. Fajita Monday was a hit to start my stay in New York, so it was fitting that we went out in a blaze of chicken, steak or shrimp and margarita pitchers. After dinner (and drinking!), we made it back to the Little's in the name of more adult beverages and laughs over Napoleon Dynamite. Needless to say, we accomplished both.

I made it home by 2:30 and was rudely awoken by the Driver hired to take me to the airport! Yes, Avid Reader, my alarm was set for 4:30AM and he was scheduled to pick me up at 5:30. At 5:50AM, however, I was still sound asleep and only his 20 minutes of buzzing on my door (and me thinking someone was pranking me!) led me to A) a state of awakenness and awareness enough to know that I was SCREWED!

I made it to the car by 6:15AM after running through my apartment, doing any last minute packing, and trying to bring myself to do so while not puking. I did say I wanted to rip the band-aid right off relative to leaving NYC... and boy, did I ever!

My final ride through Central Park and down the West side of Manhattan was an emotional one... surely added to by several nights of no sleep, way to much tequila, and the crazy morning. I still can't believe I'm typing from Seattle with no plan to be back "home" in New York in the coming weeks... or even months.

Thank you for being a part of my journey, Avid Reader. This may be the final entry is this blog, unless I want to consider my Manhattan adventure closed. I have appreciated being able to tell stories and have a reader who's interesting in the tale!

2 Comments:

  • Jeez, that made me cry a little bit! Keep up the bloggin'. I love it!!! Mo

    By Blogger Maureen, at 7:47 PM  

  • Hey Todd--enjoyed catching up on the last couple of weeks with you via the blog. Great stuff altogether---hope you made it safe and sound ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home