Manhattan 2006

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Goings On? Going Out!

Avid Reader, I realize that as you've been reading this blog over the course of the year that you might be getting the impression that I'm some kind of heavy drinker -- at best -- or CrAzY party animal, at worst. This entry will not serve to change your opinion. I've had a couple of late nights this week, including a casual outing with new friends as well as a bit of a Todd Leaving Manhattan get-together.

Natasha, Craig and I enjoy the view from his SoHo rooftop.I joined Colleen, Craig and Natasha at his SoHo apartment for adventures on his rooftop and a quick jaunt to Mr.Black's Dance Den. We snapped some fun shots on the roof, trying to capture the view of the Empire State Building. We also had a bit of a photo shoot inside before we went to Mr. Black's. The place was a fun, diverse, nearby music/dance venue a stone's throw from Craig's place. We cabbed.

The gang at Mr.Black's.We enjoyed an adult beverages, danced, laughed, shot more photos, and just had fun being part of an evening adventure in the City. We met a number of local characters, including Fag Lady, and a posse of fun people. As we tried to get a group shot, I told Natasha to slide over... to what turned out to be a non-existent bench; I still can't stop laughing about it!

Seth, Brian and I at Brooklyn Brewery. You wouldn't guess from this shot that Seth just finished a photo spread for Calvin Klein!For my unofficial going away party, I sent out an email to friends at work and around NYC for a casual hang-out at my favorite: the Brooklyn Brewery in Williamsburg. Several worlds collided, with friends from DRIVE, AARF, volleyball, and even a now former client. Everyone had a great time and I was thrilled to hit the Brewery one last time.

I'm over the moon @ MyMoon!Daniela, Deniz and I then visited several photo opportunity spots (though note the re-brick work!) and MyMoon -- my NYC favorite! Turns out MyMoon (though MyMun, is turkish for "monkey") and with Deniz being Turkish, we were in for a TREAT! Deniz may have even been more thrilled with MyMoon that I always am (!) and we chatted with the owner who ended up treating us to drinks/dessert. As we left, Deniz said, "Todd, as you'd say in the states, that was a homerun." I'm thankful to yet again have introduced MyMoon to friends and to have them as excited about that place as I am.

Nada Surf's latest album, 'The Weight is a Gift'.Before we decided to trek back in to the city, I made one final stop at Fornino where friend Clifton manages (and where friend Mindy formerly managed). I wanted to be sure to say goodbye in person and was in for yet another treat! While Deniz and Daniela headed back to Manhattan, I joined Clifton for a nearby party... with the band Nada Surf at their Brooklyn loft/studio! Formerly introduced to Nada Surf by friends Charles and Mike, last night I literally shook the hands of and toasted drinks with bandmates Ira Elliot and Daniel Lorca. Chill guys altogether -- it's nice to go out with some serious Celebrity Skin-Touches!

The rest of the weekend is going to be spent wrapping up loose ends and preparing for the move come Monday. Wow, this really is the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home