Manhattan 2006

Friday, January 26, 2007

NYC Firsts!

Good morning! Today is a day to post about several firsts I've had here in New York... ironically as my days in this amazing city are numbered...

First Snow! I didn't see said snow falling from the sky, but when I left for work yesterday morning there was a light dusting of snow on several cars (two, and they were in the shade)! Indeed, snow! And here it was January 25th... see? Winter was coming all along! Note that there were some snow flusters yesterday afternoon as I trekked through mid-town and I came to work this morning in 11 degree weather. It's beautiful and sunny and cold as a deep freeze!

First Celeb Sighting! Well, not my first celeb sighting, but the first one of one Michael Musto! I had no idea what this guy's name was and I walked past him while meeting a friend for lunch on 50th & 8th @ Sosa Borella. I returned to the office and described this guy to a 't'... nerdy white guy, black curly hair, round, black, bottlecap glasses, on all those shows... it took us a while to find his name, but sure enough, a first Michael Musto sighting!

First Meeting! I met my future Microsoft colleague Craig Phillips last night and met several folks on his team at the Microsoft offices late yesterday afternoon. Craig and I then ventured to Rue 57 for dinner and had a great time altogether. I thought I was excited to join the team that includes my good friend and Operation Adult Beverage Buddy MattBaker, but I'm only getting moreso now! Craig was a hoot and we laughed and DCBombed and realized this is going to be an excellent adventure altogether!

With that, Happy Friday to you, Avid Reader! I'll be enjoying my lunch send-off from work today at Dos Caminos with my NYC cohorts and spending this weekend prepping to move back to Seattle. I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off as well and am hoping to work from our Seattle office on Wednesday -- my last day with DRIVE. Crazy talk altogether, but exciting all the same given what's to come! Happy Weekend!

On a somber note, my friend Jesse will be burying this grandmother this weekend. My warmest wishes to you, friend, and to your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home