Manhattan 2006

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Les Jeux Sont Faits


Todd Moore, Retired DRIVEr
Oct.31, 2003 - Jan.31, 2007


The game is up, as they say in France. And here in the U.S., my game is up at DRIVE Performance Media. Today was my last day at DRIVE, a fully owned subsidiary of aQuantive, Inc. (NASDAQ: AQNT). More than ever, DRIVE represented blood, sweat and tears beyond anything I've before experienced.

It was a company I helped build and define from the moment I started over three years ago; it was sad to walk away. Even knowing what exciting adventures will (and have already!) come at Microsoft, I'm still heartsore over the closing of this part of my story.

In general, I'm not great at writing the endings of the various chapters of my life; it's always been something I've struggled with. And yet, transition is very much the story of my life. For the most part, I feel closure around DRIVE, save one relationship that I don't anticipate closure around. This makes me both sad and mad, and I'm already working on just letting it all go.

Certainly, Avid Reader, the surprise party my friends The Captain & Ginger are throwing me right now is helping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home