Manhattan 2006

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Little Things

Sometimes it's the little things... like this hotel room! Greetings Avid Reader, from Seattle! Yes, I am in the homeland for a couple of days this week, but sadly, by days and nights are packed with work... all day meetings and dinner events to follow. And, interestingly enough, it's my first real stay in a downtown Seattle hotel! I've not yet had this opportunity, so it's kind of fun!

I'm staying at the Hotel 1000 -- and it's awesome. I'm thrilled to be here... and more thrilled knowing a long night's sleep awaits. I was picked up at 5:23am EDT this morning in New York; with barely any sleep on the plane, I'm now exhausted and ready to hit the sack and be on for tomorrow.

However, I have had some adventures already, including reconnecting with long-time friends and colleagues Jill Hayner and Justin Bross, dinner with coworker Aimee and friends John & Amy, then running into my friend Amy King on the street while I was trying to catch a cab. The latter adventure confirmed for me that this is home -- and running into friends from all periods of time in my life is the norm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home