Manhattan 2006

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

G is for Good Times with Gary!

Hello Avid Reader! If I told you that doing laundry has been a highlight of the week, my guess is you wouldn't believe me (which of course would be crazy because I actually do enjoy doing laundry!). In this case, however, it would actually be a little white lie because while on the list of favorite things I've done this week, it certainly doesn't make the #1 highlight of the week... which was hanging out with one Gary A. Little Jr.!
Gary and I at dinner at Asia de Cuba. Summer 2006.Gary and I met friends David Wish and Craig Schinn at Cafe D'Alsace, a swank little french restaurant on 88th & 2nd that just happens to have the most robust beer list in Manhattan! After a few rounds of international selections, Gary and I ventured over to Rathbone's -- another neighborhood fave -- for more face time and adult beverages.

We made the Final Four at Rathbone's after this couple got into a huge verbal battle. Turns out the guy and girl were cousins; he was disappointed in her taste of men and pissed that he was being deployed to Iraq. Yeah, I'd pissed, too. But, Avid Reader, here's what was so interesting... not 60 seconds after the bartender called the popo, two undercover cops popped in, followed by what could have been 10-12 uniformed officers. Perhaps it was a slow night for crime fighters on the Upper East Side? Granted, it was 2AM, but still very impressive.

Were Gary and I done though? Umm... are you CrAzY?! Hellz, NO! We then made our way to Ship of Fools... yes, you've read about The Ship before. It certainly may not be the Captain's, but we set sail all the same. Gary and I also enjoyed a significant DCBomb and he challenged me more than I ever have been relative to my NYC experience and its chapter in The Todd Moore story.

Long story, short: one awesome guy night! Thanks G-Little!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home