Manhattan 2006

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Day at the U.S.Open!

My colleague Gary and I took clients to the U.S. Open yesterday. I love that I got to go again this year; it was something I have been hoping to make a reality since having moved out here. We scored box seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium to catch the likes of Roger Federer, Justine Henin-Hardenne and James Blake -- who wore flourescent to honor Andre Agassi's Retirement Tour.

Of course, when you walk the grounds of the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, you also get to be up close and personal with all of the professionals playing throughout the grounds. We also saw a doubles match with Robby Ginepri and the Mixed Doubles battle between the Bryan brothers and their respective partners, including Martina Navratilova.

Of course, now the effects of Hurricane Ernesto are touching New York and the Open will be facing rain outs through the weekend and week. This means that tickets will be hard to come by to simply head out to Flushing again to catch some tennis action. However, it does mean that I'll get to enjoy it throughout the week, with close-ups and replays from my couch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home