Manhattan 2006

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bad Travel Karma

Jesse was right -- this one is a little more than just me having bad travel karma. However, I had two more flights from hell this past week: getting to Boston from JFK and Seattle from Boston.

As you're well aware, a terrorist plot to blow up planes en route to the US from Britian was uncovered late Wednesday night. Unfortunately for me, I found out in a 3-hour security line at 4AM in Boston's Logan International Airport.

Nearly every one of the hundreds of people waiting to get through the one-line security check-point were completely irate... from the wait to having to throw away a new lipstick to having to repack and recheck personal items. Most of the people had no idea what had happened the previous evening given that it was 4AM and their morning objective was to get to the airport, much less check world news. When TSA finally decided to clue people in on what happened, things got MUCH less tense and everyone was thankful for security. The magic of communication.

So, yes, after three hours in the security line, my flight was delayed about two hours to accommodate the long security lines. I missed my connecting flight in Chicago, but Via from Alaska Airlines and I worked a miracle and I was able to get on a later flight to Seattle to get in in time for Jesse to pick me up from Sea-Tac. All was well... even when one of my checked bags didn't arrive. Again, destination is everything, even after an hour of sleep after a week of limited zzz's.

Bottom-line, communication is key and adventures are worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home