Manhattan 2006

Monday, January 08, 2007

Landon sends his Best!

I had to say farewell to Landon (and Chantelle) this morning when I made the trek through Seattle-like rain to work. What fun to have them here altogether -- and what fun to have painted the town red with Landon James Kadlec!

After writing yesterday, Chantelle and I chillaxed while Landon napped. After, we decided to head out to dinner and to the Top of the Rock! As we bounced through the Upper East Side looking for a place Landon would enjoy, you'll never guess who we passed... Jimmy Fallon! That's right! Avid Reader, he was just hanging out outside Barnes & Noble on 86th between 2nd & 3rd talking to a friend. We walked by, I pointed him out, Landon confirmed, Chantelle cooed. The restuarant we were going to try was full, so we made our way past him a second time. It's a good thing I was with the Kadleggs as my trained eye picked him up right away; Chantelle simply would have whisked past! Eye-yah, Chantelle!

We caught dinner in a Giants-heavy UES bar/restaurant called Dorrian's, then headed to Rockefeller Plaza. Given that Landon has owned this town upon arrival, he was making friends left and right on the subway. He was an especially big hit with the subway change collectors and the occasional homeless person in the subway system. That Landon; he's a crazy goose!

Our trip up the Top of the Rock was actually awesome... and I think we may have seen a total of 4-6 other people TOTAL on all three viewing platforms. I kid you not, it was empty! We had the top of the city all to ourselves! Of course, given that it was a bit rainy on a Sunday night at 9PM, we imagined it would be a little less busy, but basically no one? It was a treat. I snapped quite a few shots of Chantelle & Landon with the ESB; Chantelle similarly tried to capture a shot of me... alas!

So, now it's the start of yet another work week, though I have a feeling that this one will be a good one already! Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home