Manhattan 2006

Sunday, January 07, 2007

SPF and more of Landon in NYC

Indeed, Mark, Landon and I watched the Seattle Seahawks squeak out a big win over Dallas last night! We sent Chantelle off to WICKED after dumplings at Noodles 28, caught some adult beverages on the way home, then enjoyed guy time, the amazing game, and ROMA Pizza! It was such an emotionally taxing game, Landon said it best come the end, "Zzzzzzzzzzzz".

We all got up later this morning, trekked down to Washington Square Park, enjoyed breakfast at the Chantelle-inspired Cowgirl restaurant, did some West Village shopping (Chantelle modeled for me; I love that she was such a willing participant!), walked through SoHo (how I LOVE 'Flying A'... and Jesse, now you will too, fyi!), then made it back to my place to send Mark off to the airport for his journey back to Seattle. Landon's making mom stay one extra night so he can maximize his Todd Time in NYC. He's one smart kid.

Landon definitely enjoyed riding the subway -- as did the Kadleggs when I showed them Astor Place and the JP-inspired motif. It's so fun to see and hear the perspectives of NYC from friends and loved ones -- which sometimes parallel my own reactions to this wonderful city or open my eyes to something I hadn't before noticed.

So, now Landon gets to hang out with Chantelle and I for another day here... which means I get to pretend to be The Dad -- I LOVE IT! And, there are still 24 hours of adventure to be had! More to come, Avid Reader! More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home