Manhattan 2006

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Star Sighting Mecca

I enjoyed dinner tonight at Nobu 57 with two colleagues from our sister company (Cyndi and Seth from Atlas, shown far left and far right), our client Nicole from Digitas Boston (see 10/27 entry) and her friend Alison Campbell from NBC. Note that Nicole's birthday is 11/20 (same as my sister!) and we celebrated.

Turns out that Nobu 57 is a Star Sighting Mecca! You'll note in the photo to the left that DEREK JETER of the NYYankees is sitting right behind us (back to us, white shirt). And wouldn't you know, The Nanny, Fran Drescher and Bob Balaban from various Christopher Guest films, are sitting at the table behind us as well. We pretended to take shots of the group, but in actuality were trying to ensure we had documentation of our celebrity sightings! You know, because we're cool like that.

Interestingly, I called my parents to tell them the celebrity sightings story and my dad's only comment was, "Derek Jeter is sitting next to *you*, you mean". (I love my Dad.) And, as I told my friends at the table, my brother Kevin would sh*t his pants just now if he were here.

So, here's to you, Kevin Moore! I'm only sorry I didn't buy him bamboo of sake and get his autograph... but dude, you top Derek Jeter in my book any day of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home