Manhattan 2006

Thursday, October 26, 2006

LusterBack

Hello again, Avid Reader! I've been up and down the East Coast of late and am starting to get pretty run down with all of the travel. I have to admit that I am enjoying breaks from the rat race that is Manhattan, however. Philadelphia and Boston are wonderful cities altogether -- they have the city vibe, but also feel escapist. Granted, anything outside of 8MM people will feel that way to me from here on out, I'm having the feeling.

One of the things I enjoyed about the train to Philadelphia is catching glimpses of an East Coast autumn. I tried capturing a number of shots of the beautiful landscapes with their fire red and burnt orange leaves. It's true that it's not something you get to see in this scale in the evergreen NW.

Part of work travels have included client meetings, presentations and industry events. And, I'll admit, it also includes entertainment. In Philadelphia, I was able to treat the media team from NetPlus Marketing (from left, Sarah, Jessica , Katie) to a Spa Day at La Vita Bella, a local salon. We (yes, we!) enjoyed white wine spa pedicures and manicures, along with catered lunch, including Jones Soda -- which I ordered in honor of friend Paul Weinstein. As you can imagine, the whole day was quite wonderful! Of course, I had to warn my pedicurist not to touch the painful hangnail, but still!

So, now Boston again for a couple of days, and another trip lined up to Beantown again next week. Good times!

Happy Fall, All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home