Manhattan 2006

Friday, September 22, 2006

CrAzY DRIVErs!

Some of the DRIVE posse hit New York and painted the town red. Me? I painted the underside of the toilet bowl in their Alex Hotel suite, but that’s a story you’ve probably already heard as what happens in New York… gets spread all over the place. (It was not the drinking, I swear!)

Chris, Jason and Justin came to Manhattan to visit clients. Given that NYC was chock-full of booked hotel rooms due to the U.N. Summit, they resorted to a 2BR and shared the space between the three of them. OK, Chris and Justin shared more than space, but I’m optimistically of the belief that some things stay where they should.

I wasn’t able to join the gang for most of their outings, but did have a chance to enjoy Desmond’s Tavern, along with P.S.450, and Bar XII – where we finished the night with plasma screens in the round and on the back of the beer taps. And yes, I ended up crashing on their hotel room couch that night, but was fully ready to head to work in the morning!

My friend Charles also arrived in town early in the week, so we ventured out with them again one night… starting at Desmond’s, working through P.S.450, and finishing our night with Buck Hunter at Whiskey River. On their final night, I also got to go to their AARF Happy Hour to see some familiar faces, but more that I didn’t recognize. Aspen is a hot new lounge in the Flatiron District with killer buffalo and bacon sliders. Deelish!

It's always a kick in the pants to hang out with other CrAzY DRIVErs and I'm looking forward to more visits from HQ in the coming months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home