Manhattan 2006

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

JP in NYC -- Day Two

Apologies for delayed posts... as you can imagine, it's been an awesome week with non-stop adventures! Tuesday was NO exception... and once again, it was an oven. High 90s with heat indexes well over 100 degrees. Jesse wore a white shirt. Oh, and LATE Tuedsay night, it stormed most ferociously. I'm glad JP got to experience that!

We started the day with breakfast at Eisenberg's -- my favorite for greasy spoon grub and pipin' hot coffee. I think Jesse enjoyed it also (see Monday's post for more). I went to work and Jesse once again took over the town with adventures on the ESB, through Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza, in Central Park, and at the Museum of Natural History.

We met up in Greenwich Village at Corner Bistro where we enjoyed Sierra Nevada (foreshadowing!) with my friend Mike Keaveny and his girlfriend Jessica who I got to meet for the first time... and on whom I chose to spill a full glass of aforementioned beer. Good times!

We then headed back to Central Park, enjoyed a trek through it at dusk and stopped to listen to the NY Philharmonic play a free concert on the Great Lawn... along with well over 100,000 other people with the same idea. Fireflies, Beethoven's 5th, and Jesse Paulson... does life get any better than this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home