Manhattan 2006

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Family Time

It's the night before surgery
and all through the house,
not a creature is stirring...
because it's after 9PM! :o)

Indeed, I am now in Idaho for the fourth time this calendar year. What this means is that there's been plenty of time for family bonding... which is exactly what happened tonight as my dear pops let me cut his hair! Mike and I have officially come a LONG way from him banning scissors from the home after Kevin's first self-haircut and my first on Kevin years later. It was an important father-son evening and we caught it on film!

Today was a great day, a productive one. I got up. I had coffee. I enjoyed morning company with the Scherers. I watched TV. I showered. I helped with yard work. I went to dinner with the parents, brother and sister-in-law. I took a bath. I cut the dad's hair. All that in ONE DAY! I KNOW! Call me crazy, but I felt like I just had to be that productive before I lose the ability to move the right side of my body for a week. But yes, again, I did all that. Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

Not so much a big deal were the flights yesterday from the East to West Coasts, though I found myself becoming my father on the plane, whispering to myself, 'what beautiful country; what beautiful country' as I passed over the state of Washington and its stunning snow-capped mountains. I think I finally got that part of the National Anthem: they were majestic.

On the small -- and a propos -- world front, I ran into friends Matt & Lindsey Baker at Sea-Tac. I hadn't seen or talked to them since their 9/30 wedding, so it was a special treat to be able to catch up. Best part about it was confirmation of a conversation I had with Heidi LaHart Friday night about our worlds being the best kind of small possible -- in that we know, care for, and are cared by so many incredible people.

And this also means you, Avid Reader. Thank you for being a part of this journey, my Operation NYC (soundtrack soon available in a store near you!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home