Manhattan 2006

Sunday, November 26, 2006

'But what else happened in Idaho', you ask?

Well, let me tell you! Yes, while shoulder reparation was the charge for this Boise trek, I was also able to spend a lot of time with my family and at their cabin near Crouch, ID. Several highlights:

- Seeing the beautiful NW again
- Running into The Bakers at Sea-Tac
- Driving a RIG (pre-surgery, of course!)
- Sunday morning coffee with the Scherers
- Cutting Dad Mike's hair!
- Pain-killers!
- Naps! Naps! Naps!
- The Parents' ice machine
- Peanut butter-filled pretzels nubs
- Spending time with my brother and his family
- Getting OFF the pain killers... and not because of any lack of pain!
- SORRY! (and thinking of Danelle with the characters niece Madison and nephew Tony said I had to be: the Villians!)
- The cabin and its setting
- Calls and messages from friends just checking in
- The brownie care package from my colleague Gary
- The Texas Roadhouse for Kevin's 30th birthday dinner
- And the requisite Moore stop at Sportsman's Warehouse after
- Nurse Patty LOVING me!
- Discovering O.R. photos on my camera!
- Being on Angie's 'Catch Phrase' team (family, make a note: I have permanent dibs on Angie Moore in all future family gaming activities; I'm just sayin'.)
- Negotiating around seven (7) labs outside the cabin (several shown here, clockwise from bottom-left: Murphy, Jake, Tucker, Rufus; not pictured: Bailey, Shaq, Yogi)
- Conversation with The Parents in the car-ride home from the cabin
- Thanksgiving with family
- Time away from New York to think about my time in New York

All in all, a great way to spend Thanksgiving weekend -- excluding the pain part, of course! I hope your Thanksgivings were exactly what they needed to be for you, Avid Reader, and look forward to your stories!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home