Manhattan 2006

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Wet Noodle

I was supposed to go to the Coney Island Mermaid Parade today with my friend Jennifer Anderson and her pals. We started the morning with brunch at Sidewalk Cafe and then the sky started falling...

...RAIN like I have never before seen; it literally poured like you would not believe. It was like someone diverted the Hudson OVER Manhattan rather than to it's west. The three mermaids and I ran through the rain to the subway and got drenched. Given the theme, I was the only one who looked wet. :o) In the subway tunnel, however, I decided to bail so as not to have a soaked virgin Coney Island visit.

I'm hoping the rain will have stopped by the time they emerge at the Parade. However, I'm also hoping to hear I will not have to regret now waiting until 2007 to catch the "nation's largest art parade and one of New York City's greatest summer events".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home