Manhattan 2006

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Jesse 4; Todd 2; Steph 0

Happy Thursday morning and shortest day of the year! I can't admit to any CrAzY adventures last night with the Paulsons, but having them here is simply an adventure altogether!

I worked Wednesday while they enjoyed touring NYC, including visiting Liberty Island and Lady Liberty (photos to come). I met them at my place where we played cards, cracked open The Captain, and did some domestic stuff (yes, laundry). After, we enjoyed dinner at neighboring Cilantro and revisited the site of Jesse's Golden Tee Hole-in-One! Unfortunately, Jesse was being difficult and clumsy and spilled his drink right after the bartender served us. Steph can't take him anywhere! He then tried to pick a fight with me, but I am clever (and just had major shoulder surgery), so I outfoxed him and we ended up friends again at the end of the night.

The friendship continued back at the apartment as we celebrated Christmas together where the Paulsons got me an amazing art piece in which I fell in love from the Union Square craft market. And I got them an I LOVE NYC Christmas ornament. OUTGIFTED! DRAT!

One thing I will tell you is this... dreams really do come true at Christmas! I've had a front-row seat to watch Jesse and The Captain become friends. It was awkward at first, I'm sure they'll both admit, but they're getting there, Avid Reader. They are definitely getting there.

We played cards into the night and I am now at work for the day... with adventures to come tonight with friend Jay Phillips as the Paulsons and I join him at Madison Square Garden to watch the Duke vs. Gonzaga men's basketball game! Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home